“Peace and Harmony” Video Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BY PROVIDING A SUBMISSION, SUBMITTER (*) AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
“Peace and Harmony” Video Contest encourages youth (29 years of age or younger) to engage with videography, audio-visual arts, and journalism. Videos should beat least 29 seconds long but no longer than 2.9 minutes. They will be judged by a panel consisting of Turkish American TV (TATV) production staff, videography professionals, and a member of the American Turkish Association of DC (ATA-DC) Board. A total of three winners will be selected from among the qualified submissions. All qualified submissions will be recognized in our press release on TATV web. See below for details.
- CONTEST TIMING: The contest submission period begins at 0:01 a.m. EDT on Thursday, September 29, 2016 and ends at 11:29 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Judging for the contest will take place between December 1, 2016 and December 15, 2016.
- ELIGIBILITY: Anyone born in year 1987 or after and legally living/studying in the United States is eligible to compete with an original video production. Videos that are up to 2.9 minutes long are acceptable. TATV Production Staff and ATA-DC Board Members and their immediate families are not eligible.
- AWARDS: A panel of judges will choose the winning video from the eligible submissions. The winning videos will be awarded (**) $1000 for the first-place, $500 for the second-place, and $250 for the third-place cash prizes in Fairfax, VA, on Sunday, December 18, 2016. TATV retains the rights to air the award-winning videos in upcoming TATV programs. If a finalist/winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with the Official Rules as stated herein, the prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected by the jury.
- Explain how your video is expressing the “Peace and Harmony” theme.
- Video should be at least 29 seconds long and no more than 2.9 minutes long.
- Email a signed letter of consent from your legal guardian or parent if younger than 18 years old on 29 October 2016.
- Contain a 5 second title screen provided by TATV.
- Comply with these Official Rules and the submission guidelines as stated herein.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submissions cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about any people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which ATA-DC and TATV wishes to associate. TATV reserves the right to and will monitor or screen submissions prior to posting them to the TATV website and the TATV YouTube and Vimeo webpages. By providing a submission, you agree that your submission may be posted on TATV-related websites at TATV’s sole discretion. TATV has no obligation to use or post any submission. By providing a submission, the submitter grants to TATV an exclusive, perpetual, and transferable license to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse, and adapt any or all portions of the submission and the submitter’s name in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose. Submissions that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the contest submission period will be ineligible. Submissions cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than the TATV’s logos, brands, or products) without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses without permission; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties other than the submitters(s) or TATV (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and (g) depict, and cannot itself be in, a violation of any law. By submitting a submission you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your or your team’s original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not received previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person who is used in the submission or whose name, likeness or voice is used in the submission, if any, and (f) that publication of the submission via various media including online posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the contest, submitters (and submitter’s parent or legal guardian if the submitter is a minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) (a) to release TATV and ATA-DC from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such submitter’s participation in the contest; and (b) waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages.