Annual Turkish Festival in the Heart of D.C.
The Festival is held on Pennsylvania Avenue between 12th and 14th Streets NW, in front of Freedom Plaza and two blocks from the White House.
TATV is a proud media sponsor of the 15th Turkish Festival in Washington DC
This year, our community-supported festival will feature the “World City of Istanbul” and aims to connect cultures once again by bringing together numerous Turkish-style artists, artisans and authentic vendors along with more than 20,000 attendees.
The 15th Turkish Festival will offer a day of free activities including folk dances, live music, authentic Turkish cuisine, fashion, arts & crafts for children. Selected as the “Best Festival” and “Best Cultural Festival” by Washington City Paper readers in the past 5 years, this premier event draws tens of thousands of Washingtonians to the streets to experience Turkey’s rich cultural history, its culinary delights, and a variety of live Turkish music and engaging folk dance performances. The festivalgoers will enjoy delicious Turkish food and traditional Turkish coffee, while browsing at the Turkish Bazaar, and watching mesmerizing stage performances. The Annual Turkish Festival’s 15th Anniversary is officially recognized by DC Mayor Muriel Bowser.
For more information, please visit www.turkishfestival.org
Other festival highlights include:
Turkish Cuisine, Turkish coffee and Fortune Reading:
• Turkish cuisine from local Washington DC Turkish restaurants: Kabobs, vegetarian dishes, pastries, and desserts will be available for purchase. Turkish coffee will be offered at the ever-popular Turkish coffee house, and fortune-tellers will read fortunes from coffee grinds.
• “The Culture and Tourism Tent” will host exhibitions as well as demonstrations of Turkish arts and culture. The festival will also highlight “World City of Istanbul”.
Mini Grand Bazaar:
• More than 20 arts and crafts vendors will showcase Turkish jewelry and hand-woven textiles at the Turkish bazaar.
Arts & Crafts for Kids:
• Kids’ Tent will present Turkish culture with hands-on activities, offering children and their parents the opportunity to create unforgettable memories.
Line Dance for Peace:
• All Washingtonians are invited to join us in honoring the diverse colors and cultures of our city with traditional dances, which symbolizes peace and cultural interaction for centuries. Our volunteer-led organization cannot think of a better place to be than Washington DC, one of the most diverse cities in the United States, to create a circle of friendship to create and promote peace and tolerance. The “Line Dance for Peace” will take place around 2:30 pm in front of the main stage.
American Turkish Association of Washington DC (ATA-DC)
Photos and Videos from 2016 Turkish Festival:
2016 Festival Flickr Album
Line Dance for Peace Video